CHOOSE AND CONFIGURE YOUR PRESS BRAKE
Wireless Foot Pedal
The wireless foot pedal system uses a dual-channel SIL 3 communication method with two-way communications between the press brake and the foot pedal. The wireless technology has been developed by Lazer Safe and CE Certified by TUV Austria.
An array of ultrasonic sensors installed in the foot pedal and on the press brake are used to triangulate the position of the foot pedal. The operating range and distance are configurable and automatically monitored.
The system is extremely energy efficient due to the design of the dual-channel wireless transmission system, low power e-paper display, low power illuminated emergency stop button and indoor solar charging cell.
Traditional wireless systems generally need to be recharged daily. The low power technology developed by Lazer Safe is unique in that the foot pedal can operate for up to one month before the battery requires a plug-in recharge.
The supplied lithium ion battery holds enough charge for up to one month of usage before it needs to be plugged in to recharge. There is a connection on the remote module to allow for USB charging of the battery without having to remove it from the foot pedal station. The machine operator can simply connect the foot pedal to any USB charger.
The integrated solar charging cell provides continuous charge using ambient light to extend the life of the battery until a plug-in recharge is required. Depending on the ambient lighting conditions, the solar cell can extend battery life by up to 20%.
A low-power E-paper display is incorporated into the foot pedal and shows critical user information such the current battery status, wireless connection status, active/sleep mode plus more.
Wireless Remote Module (WRM)
The wireless remote module is a self-contained unit that includes;
Also supplied and connected to the WRM are;
Of the 12 inputs on the WRM, 6 inputs are preconfigured for the following functions;
Machine Module (MM) and Ultrasonic Module (UM)
The active operating area is divided into three regions in front of the press brake; the centre, and the left/right wings. The ultrasonic sensors in the MM and UM track the location of the Wireless Foot Pedal and ensure that the operator can only operate the press brake when within the defined safe operating area and within clear line-of-sight of the machine.
This prevents the machine from being operated if the foot pedal is outside the defined active area or hidden behind a screen or wall.
- By far, the simplest, fastest and most cost effective way to incorporate wireless technology and integrates via the existing PCSS-A platform.
- The only complete wireless safety solution with TUV CE Certified hardware and software.
- Design flexibility - incorporate into the existing foot pedal design, or design a new pedal from the ground up.
- Flexibility to incorporate additional wireless controls and functions.
- Flexibility to tailor wireless functionality and customise the user interface in the CNC via SmartLink.
- Improved ergonomics. The operator has more freedom to move and position the foot pedal.
- Simple and intuitive operation.
- Reduced operator fatigue.
- Eliminate trip hazards.
- Eliminate potential for cable damage.
- Clear floor space makes it easier to move trolleys and carts around the front of the press brake.
- Long battery life means operators can focus on bending parts without having to worry about frequent recharging. The foot pedal can be easily recharged by connecting to any USB charger or a USB port on a PC or the CNC.